Interesting Records of Indian Premier League
April 3 (CRICKETNMORE) - IPL 2018 is going to kick off from 7 April. This league was started back in 2008 and turned out to become one of the most successful and money wobbling league in cricketing world.
In last 10 seasons many records were made by the player and teams, let’s check out some important and interesting records of IPL:-
1. In last 10 seasons of IPL, Suresh Raina is the leading scorer in this famous T20 league. In 157 innings of 161 matches he has scored 4540 runs at an average of 34.13 which includes a total of 1 century and 31 half centuries.
2. Harbhajan Singh holds the record of getting out for a duck on most number of occassions. In 84 innings of 136 matches, 13 times he went out for duck.
3. The biggest player in T20 Chris Gayle holds the record of hitting most number of sixes in IPL. Gayle went for 265 sixes in 101 matches.
4. Run machine Virat Kohli holds an IPL record of scoring most runs in an IPL season. In 2016 Virat scored 973 runs in 16 matches at an average of 81.08. Kohli scored 4 centuries and 7 half centuries in that particular season.
5. In last 10 seasons, Lasith Mlinga tops the chart of taking most wickets. Malinga took 154 wickets in 110 matches at a brilliant economy of 6.86.
6. Mumbai Indians have been the most successful franchise of all season who won IPL thrice in last 10 seasons 2013, 2015 and 2017.
7. Chris Gayle holds the record of scoring highest runs by an individual player in a match. He played a smashing knock of 175 runs against Pune Warriors. He went for 17 sixes and 14 fours in his memorable knock.