Melbourne cricket
Cricket Australia CEO Says Hosting Of Day-night Boxing Day Test At MCG Is 'not Off The Cards'
The MCG held a women’s day-night Test match in January 2025; in addition, the venue will host Australia and England's 150th Anniversary Test under lights in March 2027.
Melbourne hosted the inaugural Boxing Day Test in 1950. Since then CA holds contractual rights to use the MCG until the end of March each summer, despite the venue often being used for Australian Rules football in that month. Earlier this year, it extended its venue hire agreement with the MCG until the 2030-31 summer.
Related Cricket News on Melbourne cricket
-
Ashes: Tongue Becomes First England Bowler Since 1998 To Take Five-for At MCG
Melbourne Cricket Ground: Josh Tongue scripted history after he became the first England bowler this century to claim a five-wicket haul in Men's Tests at the Melbourne Cricket Ground here ...
-
Archer Ruled Out Of Ashes, Atkinson Returns As England Name XI For MCG Test
Melbourne Cricket Ground: England announced their playing XI for the fourth Ashes Test against Australia, making two changes from the Adelaide game, as Jofra Archer has been ruled out for ...
-
Ashes: Rob Key To Investigate Allegations Of Players Having ‘a Drinking Stag-do’ Before Adelaide Test
Boxing Day Test: England cricket team's managing director Rob Key defended the team’s four-day trip to Noosa, taken between the second and third Ashes Tests, and stated that the board ...
-
Ashes: Jhye Richardson Likely To Be Added To Australia’s Camp Ahead Of Boxing Day Test
Boxing Day Test: Right-arm quick Jhye Richardson is likely to be included in the XI for the Boxing Day Test of the Ashes series after recovering from shoulder surgery. ...
-
Ashes: Skipper Pat Cummins 'doubtful' For Remainder Of Series
Skipper Pat Cummins: Australia captain Pat Cummins is unlikely to feature in the Boxing Day Test against England, scheduled to take place from December 26 at the Melbourne Cricket Ground. ...
-
Ashes 2025-26: England Should Still Stick With Brendon McCullum As Coach, Says O’Keefe
Melbourne Cricket Ground: Former Australia off-spinner Steve O’Keefe believes England should still stick with Brendon McCullum as their head coach despite mounting pressure on him following successive defeats in the ...
-
Teen Pacer Hamilton Wins WBBL Young Gun Award, Lanning Takes Golden Bat Honour
T20 World Cup: Teen left-arm pacer Lucy Hamilton has been named the winner of the WBBL season 11 young gun award, while former Australia captain Meg Lanning took the Golden ...
-
NZ Pacer Ben Sears To Play Club Cricket In Melbourne
Melbourne University Cricket Club: New Zealand fast bowler Ben Sears is set for a short playing spell in Victoria Premier Cricket as he works his way back from a hamstring ...
-
Tickets For Opening Day Of All Five Ashes Tests Sold Out
Melbourne Cricket Ground: Cricket Australia announced on Thursday that tickets for Day 1 of the Ashes opener in Perth have sold out. Additionally, the allocation of tickets for the opening ...
-
'He's A Greyhound...', Gillespie Feels Doggett Ready To Go If Selected For Ashes Opener
With Josh Hazlewood: Former Australia fast bowler Jason Gillespie said pacer Brendan Doggett is fully ready to step in if selected in the playing eleven for the first Ashes Test ...
-
5th T20I: Captain And Coach Always Backed Me In Playing In My Way, Says Abhishek
Melbourne Cricket Ground: Following India’s 2-1 series win over Australia, left-handed opener Abhishek Sharma credited his rapid rise in T20Is to the unwavering support and freedom provided by captain Suryakumar ...
-
Head Released From T20I Squad To Play Shield Games For Ashes Preparations
New South Wales: Australia opener Travis Head will miss the final two T20Is against India, having been released from Australia's T20I squad to play for his state in the fourth ...
-
Kuldeep Yadav Released From India’s T20I Squad, To Play In Red-ball Game Against SA A
IDFC First Bank: Left-arm wrist-spinner Kuldeep Yadav has been released from India’s T20I squad currently in Australia for the five-match series to join the India A side for their second ...
-
Atul Wasan Calls India’s T20I Collapse ‘a Concern’ After Melbourne Defeat
Melbourne Cricket Ground: Former India pacer Atul Wasan has termed India’s batting collapse in the second T20I against Australia at the Melbourne Cricket Ground in Melbourne “a concern”, saying that ...
Cricket Special Today
-
- 05 May 2026 10:06