ICC launches probe into Ajman All Stars tourney
Dubai, Feb 1 (CRICKETNMORE) - The International Cricket Council (ICC) on Thursday said it is continuing its investigation into a private Twenty20 league held in the United Arab Emirates, saying there was "strong evidence" to suggest it was a corrupt event.
The Ajman T20 All-Stars league had been slated for a five-match series across three days in late January. It was not sanctioned by either the local Ajman Cricket Council, the Emirates Cricket Board or the ICC.
The ICC's Anti-Corruption Unit (ACU) suspected foul play when footage of some bizarre dismissals went viral -- including batsmen running past deliveries to be easily stumped and running between wickets that resulted in several run outs.
ICC's ACU general manager Alex Marshall said after speaking to a number of people involved, there was strong evidence to indicate it was a corrupt event.