1st ODI, Preview: England vs Australia
June 12 (CRICKETNMORE) - England are set to take on Australia in the first ODI of five-match series at Kennington Oval in London on Wednesday i:e 13th June.
England, the No.1 ranked side on the latest ODI Team Rankings were beaten by Scotland 2 days back. The team would be keen to prove that the loss to Scotland was nothing more than a minor blip.
Also Read: 1st T20I, Preview: Pakistan vs Scotland
On the other hand, the tourists under a newly appointed captain Tim Paine will be focused to make sure Australia can produce their best against England in the upcoming five-day one-day series.
- England have won 7 of their last 10 ODIs against Australia.
- England have won 17 of their last 21 ODIs at home, losing just 3.
- England remain unbeaten in 12 day/night ODIs at home, winning 10.
- England have won 6 of their last 8 day/night ODIs at this venue.
- Australia have lost 12 of their last 14 away ODIs, winning just 1.
1st ODI, Squads: England vs Australia
Australia: Tim Paine(c), Aaron Finch, Ashton Agar, Alex Carey, Travis Head, Nathan Lyon, Glenn Maxwell, Shaun Marsh, Jhye Richardson, Kane Richardson, D Arcy Short, Billy Stanlake, Marcus Stoinis, Andrew Tye, Michael Neser
England: Eoin Morgan(c), Moeen Ali, Jonny Bairstow, Jos Buttler, Tom Curran, Alex Hales, Liam Plunkett, Adil Rashid, Joe Root, Jason Roy, David Willey, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood, Sam Billings
Who will win? Vote & Check the Poll Results