Mumbai, April 25:  Former India cricketer Wasim Jaffer has revealed the first thing he would do once the nationwide lockdown is lifted amid the coronavirus outbreak.

Advertisement

Jaffer said he will take his family out for dinner once the lockdown ends on May 3. After that, he will bat in the nets for some time and head to gym for workout.

Advertisement

"As far as I'm concerned, after the lockdown is lifted, I would first like to take my family out for dinner. And then bat in the nets for an hour and go to the gym," Jaffer said on Twitter.

On March 7, Jaffer, a former India opener and domestic legend, had announced his retirement from all forms of the game. A veteran of 260 first-class games, he also played 31 Test matches and 2 ODIs for India.

The nation-wide lockdown, with a view to contain the spread of novel coronavirus, was first announced on March 24 and was supposed to end on April 14. It was, however, extended until May 3 as the number of confirmed coronavirus cases increased in India.

So far, over 24,000 confirmed COVID-19 cases have been reported while more than 700 people have lost their lives in the country.

Advertisement

About the Author

Saurabh Sharma
Saurabh Sharma is the Editorial Head of Cricketnmore Hindi and a passionate cricket journalist with over 14 years of experience in sports media. He began his journalism career with Navbharat Times, part of the Times of India Group, before moving to television media with Sadhna News. In 2014, he joined Cricketnmore and currently serves as the editor of the platform.
Known for his deep understanding of cricket statistics and unique storytelling approach, Saurabh specializes in cricket news, match analysis, records, and feature stories. Along with editorial responsibilities, he also works as a show producer for popular cricket video series such as Cricket Tales, Cricket Flashback, and Cricket Trivia. Read More
Latest Cricket News