Hyderabad, Oct 21 (IANS) Indian Premier League (IPL) chairman Ranjib Biswal said Tuesday that despite the West Indies players cancelling their tour of India mid-way last week, they will play in the cash-rich league next season.

Advertisement

"There will be no sanction against the West Indies players and they will be allowed to play in the IPL," Biswal told reporters after a Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) working committee meeting here.

Advertisement

Opening batsman Chris Gayle (Royal Challengers Bangalore), all-rounders Dwayne Bravo and Dwayne Smith (Chennai Super Kings), power-hitting batsman Kieron Pollard (Mumbai Indians) and mystery spinner Sunil Narine (Kolkata Knight Riders) are many of the Windies players who have star-value in the Twenty20 tournament.

Following the fourth One-Day International (ODI) at Dharamsala, the West Indies players chose not to complete the tour because of an ongoing payment structure dispute with the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) and the West Indies Players' Association (WIPA).

The West Indies were yet to play the fifth ODI at Kolkata and a one-off Twenty20 International at Cuttack followed by three Tests at Hyderabad, Bangalore and Ahmedabad when its players decided to withdraw from the tour.

About the Author

Saurabh Sharma
Saurabh Sharma is the Editorial Head of Cricketnmore Hindi and a passionate cricket journalist with over 14 years of experience in sports media. He began his journalism career with Navbharat Times, part of the Times of India Group, before moving to television media with Sadhna News. In 2014, he joined Cricketnmore and currently serves as the editor of the platform.
Known for his deep understanding of cricket statistics and unique storytelling approach, Saurabh specializes in cricket news, match analysis, records, and feature stories. Along with editorial responsibilities, he also works as a show producer for popular cricket video series such as Cricket Tales, Cricket Flashback, and Cricket Trivia. Read More
Latest Cricket News