Sunrisers Hyderabad - Team Preview, Records, Journey, IPL 2021 Squad & Schedule
Sunrisers Hyderabad joined IPL in 2013 after Deccan Chargers were terminated post 2012 season. They have been one of the most consistent teams in the IPL since then. Even though they've played just 8 seasons, they already have a title to their name which they won in 2016 under the captaincy of David Warner.
Since then, SRH has been consistent in making it to the playoffs. Last year as well, they managed to turn things around after defeating the top 3 teams of the season and stormed their way into the playoffs. They knocked RCB out in the Eliminator before losing to Delhi Capitals in Qualifier 2.
This year, SRH would be eyeing to win the IPL title with almost the same squad as last season.
Sunrisers Hyderabad Squad For IPL 2021
- Batsmen: David Warner (Captain), Kane Williamson, Jason Roy, Manish Pandey, Abdul Samad, Virat Singh, Priyam Garg
- Wicketkeepers: Johnny Bairstow, Wriddhiman Saha, Shreevats Goswami
- Bowlers: Rashid Khan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Siddharth Kaul, Khaleel Ahmed, T Natarajan, Basil Thampi, Sandeep Sharma, Shahbaz Nadeem, Mujeeb Ur Rehman, Jagdeesha Suchith
- All-Rounders: Vijay Shankar, Mohammad Nabi, Abhishek Sharma, Jason Holder, Kedar Jadhav
IPL Records Of Sunrisers Hyderabad
- SRH has never scored less than 100 runs in the history of IPL. None of the active teams have achieved this feat so far. Since 2013 - SRH's first season – a total of 19 times a team has been bundled out for less than 100 runs.
- SRH also holds the record of dismissing the opponent team under 100 runs most number of times in IPL – three.
- The highest run-getter in the SRH squad is skipper David Warner. He has 5,254 runs to his name in 142 matches, averaging 42.71 at a strike rate of 141.54.
- The highest wicket-taker in the team is the Indian frontline bowler - Bhuvneshwar Kumar - with 136 wickets in 121 matches. He has an economy of 7.23 in the IPL.
- Overall Record in IPL:
- Matches Played: 124
- Wins: 65
- Losses: 56
- No Result: 1
- Win Rate: 53.62%