Kolkata Knight Riders Team Preview - Records, Journey, IPL 2021 Squad & Schedule
Kolkata Knight Riders are being led by the England's World Cup-winning Eoin Morgan in IPL 2021. The management has added back some of the old players and a few new forces for their 2021 campaign.
KKR won their maiden IPL trophy in 2012 and won another two years later. Since then, they haven't been able to perform to their capabilities. KKR would be desperately looking for their third title this season.
This time around, they'd be eyeing the title with the quality of foreign and Indian players they have.
Kolkata Knight Riders Squad For IPL 2021
- Batsmen: Eoin Morgan (Captain), Rahul Tripathi, Karun Nair, Nitish Rana, Rinku Singh, Shubman Gill.
- All-Rounders: Shakib al Hasan, Andre Russell, Ben Cutting, Pavan Negi, Venkatesh Iyer, Shivam Mavi
- Wicketkeepers: Dinesh Karthik, Sheldon Jackson, Tim Seifert.
- Bowlers: Harbhajan Singh, Sunil Narine, Varun Chakravarthy, Kuldeep Yadav, Sandeep Warrier, Lockie Ferguson, Pat Cummins, Prasidh Krishna, Vaibhav Arora, Kamlesh Nagarkoti.
KKR's IPL Records
- KKR hold the record for having the longest winning streak among other IPL teams. After winning just 2 out of the first 7 matches in the IPL 2014, KKR managed to win 9 matches on the trot and then went on to win the IPL trophy. They won their first match in the 2015 season by defeating Mumbai Indians which took their streak to 10.
- KKR also hold the record for the highest run chase in an IPL final. They chased down a target of 200 in the IPL 2014 final to win their second IPL title.
- KKR has dismissed a team for the lowest total in the IPL. In 2017, KKR bowled out Royal Challengers Bangalore for a mere 49 runs, allowing no opposition batsmen to reach the double figures.
- Dinesh Karthik, the vice-captain of the Kolkata-based franchise is the highest run-scorer for them. He has scored 3,823 runs in the IPL, averaging 26.00 at a strike rate of 129.63.
- KKR added veteran Harbhajan Singh to the squad in IPL Auction 2021, who's the highest wicket-taker with 150 wickets in 160 matches. He averages 26.44 at an economy of 7.05 in the IPL.
- Overall Record in IPL:
- Matches Played: 196
- Wins: 98
- Losses: 90
- No Result: 4
- Win Rate: 51.56%