Cricket History - England Tour Of India 1984-85
Mohammad Azharuddin made his debut at Calcutta. By the end of the series he became the first to score a hundred in each of his first three Tests (110 at Calcutta, 48 and 105 at Madras, 122 and 54* at Kanpur). He remains the only one.
England won the Madras Test by nine wickets largely due to Neil Foster's 6/104 and 5/59 on a flat pitch and double-hundreds from Graeme Fowler (201) and Mike Gatting (207). England also won the Charminar Challenge ODI Cup as well, bby a 4-1 margin.
Test Series Result
- First Test, Bombay - India won by 8 wickets
- Second Test, Delhi - England won by 8 wickets
- Third Test, Calcutta - Match Drawn
- Fourth Test, Madras - England won by 9 wickets
- Fifth Test, Kanpur - Match Drawn
Win Big, Make Your Cricket Prediction Now