India vs Australia, 1st T20I – IND-W vs AUS-W Cricket Match Preview, Prediction, Where To Watch, Probable 11 And Fantasy 11 Tips
IND-W vs AUS-W: Commonwealth Games silver medalist team India are all set to host T20 World Champions Australia women's team for a 5-match T20I series at home.
Commonwealth Games silver medallist team India are all set to host T20 World Champions Australia women's team for a 5-match T20I series at home.
IND-W vs AUS-W 1st T20I: Match Preview:
Team India are on a good roll in T20Is this year, with 13 wins in 20 games. This included an Asia Cup title and a silver medal at Commonwealth Games. Indian Women's team would look to finish the year off on a high with a win against World Champions Australia.
However, the Alyssa Healy-led side is a much tougher competition as compared to teams who participated in the Asia Cup. Australia has a strong lineup and have an impressive record against India (6-1). It will also be a challenge for Hrishikesh Kanitkar, who recently took over as the batting coach while Ramesh Powar was shifted to NCA to work with the Men's team.
Smriti Mandhana, Jemimah Rodrigues and Shafali Verma have been shouldering the batting for team India this year and are the top three run-getters this year for the team. The batting will revolve around these three along with captain Harmanpreet Kaur. However, apart from Harmanpreet and Jemimah, all the other batters have struggled against the Australian team.
In bowling, Renuka Singh, Rajeshwari Gayakwad and Deepti Sharma have picked up 17 wickets combined against Australia since 2021 and will head the bowling department against World Champions. Richa Ghosh and Shafali Verma would also look to kick off their U19 T20 World Cup preparations, which is scheduled to be played next month.
While Australia's regular captain Meg Lanning has taken an indefinite break from cricket, Alyssa Healy will be leading the Australian side in the 5-match T20I series against India. Tahlia McGrath (289 runs) and Beth Mooney (244 runs) have been the top scorers for Australia this year in T20Is and would shoulder the batting along with Ellyse Perry and Healy. Healy had an off-season in the T20Is recently with only 78 runs in 9 innings, but her good run in WBBL would give provide her with some confidence.
Alana King has been the lead wicket-taker for Australia this year and is expected to enjoy bowling in the Indian conditions and should favour her leg-spinning attribute. Jess Jonassen, Tahlia McGrath and Megan Schutt would be the key bowlers for the Australian team against India women's team.
IND-W vs AUS-W 1st T20I: Match Details
- Date – Friday, December 9, 2022
- Time – 07:00 PM IST
- Venue – Dr DY Patil Sports Academy, Mumbai
Match Prediction: Today's Match Prediction? IND-W vs AUS-W 1st T20I
The 1st match between two competitive teams is expected to go down the wire with no clear favourites between India and Australia women's team.
IND-W vs AUS-W Head-to-Head:
- Total – 25
- India Women – 6
- Australia Women – 18
- No Result – 1
IND-W vs AUS-W 1st T20I: Where to Watch?
The ODI series between India and Bangladesh will be broadcasted by Star Sports network while it will be broadcasted digitally on the OTT platform Hotstar app.
IND-W vs AUS-W 1st T20I Team News:
- India Women – Pooja Vastrakar wasn't available for selection in this series and the selectors have left Sneh Rana, Kiran Navgire and Dayalan Hemalatha out of the squad. Harleen Deol and Yastika Bhatia make their return after being dropped for England series and Asia Cup. Uncapped Anjali Sarvani and Devika Vaidya, who played her last T20I in November 2014, have been included in the team.
- Australia Women – Phoebe Litchfield and Kim Garth previously represented Ireland in Women's Cricket and now are on their maiden tour for the Australian team. Heather Graham represented Australia in ODI back in October 2019 and has also been included in the squad.
IND-W vs AUS-W 1st T20I Probable Playing XI:
- India Women – Yastika Bhatia, Smriti Mandhana, Jemimah Rodrigues, Shafali Verma, Sabbhineni Meghana, Harleen Deol, Harmanpreet Kaur(C), Deepti Sharma, Renuka Singh, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Radha Yadav
- Australia Women – Beth Mooney, Ellyse Perry, Ashleigh Gardner, Tahlia McGrath, Kim Garth, Alana King, Nicola Carey, Alyssa Healy(C), Annabel Sutherland, Jess Jonassen, Megan Schutt
IND vs BAN 3rd ODI Fantasy XI:
- Wicket-keeper – Alyssa Healy
- Batters – Smriti Mandhana, Jemimah Rodrigues (vc), Beth Mooney (c), Ellyse Perry
- All-rounders – Deepti Sharma, Ashleigh Gardner, Tahlia McGrath
- Bowlers – Renuka Singh, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Jess Jonassen