Rajasthan Royals - Team Preview, Records, Journey, IPL 2021 Squad & Schedule
Rajasthan Royals (RR) grabbed everyone's attention after winning the first edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) in 2008. They didn't have the strongest team on paper and yet managed to win. But since then, they haven't been able to repeat any of those heroics. IPL 2020 was probably their worst season as they finished last under the leadership of Steve Smith.
This time around, under the captaincy of young Sanju Samson, and with the backing of other experienced players, RR is looking fresh and might surprise everyone with a successful campaign.
Rajasthan Royals Squad For IPL 2021
- Batsmen: David Miller, Manan Vohra, Liam Livingstone, Riyan Parag, Yashasvi Jaiswal
- All-Rounders: Chris Morris, Ben Stokes, Rahul Tewatia, Shivam Dube, Shreyas Gopal, Mahipal Lomror
- Wicketkeepers: Sanju Samson (Captain), Jos Buttler, Anuj Rawat
- Bowlers: KC Cariappa, Mayank Markande, Andrew Tye, Jaydev Unadkat, Jofra Archer, Mustafizur Rehman, Kuldip Yadav, Chetan Sakariya, Kartik Tyagi, Akash Singh.
IPL Records Of Rajasthan Royals
- Rajasthan Royals has the record of the highest successful run chase to their name. They chased down a target of 215 against Deccan Chargers in the IPL 2008.
- They also have the record for the fewest defeats in a season. They lost just 3 matches in the 2008 season in which they eventually became the winners.
- Skipper Sanju Samson is the highest run-getter in the RR squad. He has got 2,584 runs to his name, averaging 27.78 at a strike rate of 133.74.
- Jaydev Unadkat is the highest wicket-taker in the squad with 81 wickets in 80 matches. Chris Morris is just behind him with 80 wickets to his name in 70 IPL matches.
- Overall Record in IPL:
- Matches Played: 161
- Wins: 79
- Losses: 77
- No Result: 2
- Win Rate: 50.62%
IPL Journey Of Rajasthan Royals
- 2008: Won 13 and lost 3 matches. Won the maiden IPL trophy under Shane Warne.
- 2009: Won 6 matches and lost 7. Finished 6th in the final league standings.
- 2010: Won 6 and Lost 8 matches. Finished 7th.
- 2011: Won 7 and lost 7 matches. Finished at the 6th spot.
- 2012: Won 7 and lost 9 matches. Finished at the 7th spot.
- 2013: Won 11 and lost 7 matches. Rajasthan was defeated by Mumbai in the 2nd qualifier and finished 3rd in the tournament.
- 2014: Won 12 and lost 5 matches. Finally managed to reach the finals. Finished 2nd after failing to defend 199 against KKR.
- 2015: Won 7 and lost 7 matches. Finished 5th in the tournament.
- 2016: Suspended.
- 2017: Suspended.
- 2018: Won 7 and lost 8 matches. Finished 4th in the final league standings after getting defeated by the Knight Riders in the playoffs' eliminator match.
- 2019: Won 5 and lost 8 matches. Finished 7th in the final league standings.
- 2020: Won 6 and lost 8 matches. Finished last for the first time in the IPL history.