Kapil Dev Turns 62 – Interesting Records, Facts, And Trivia
CRICKETNMORE Team wishes A Very Happy B'day To Indian Cricketer Kapil Dev As He Turns 62 Today.
To He could swing the ball the same way he could move his bat. He was fast like the Hurricane. He was a boy born in Haryana that took India to its first glory in cricket. He was, and still is, one of the greatest all-rounders in world cricket - Kapil Dev.
Kapil Dev has played a huge role in taking the Indian Cricket team to where it stands now. He ran for it and made sure everyone on the team does it too. He led India, for the first time, to the balcony of Lord's in 1983 to lift the World Cup.
As Kapil Dev Turns 62 on 6th January, here are some interesting facts about him.
Kapil Dev: Records, Facts, Trivia
- Kapil Dev played a total of 131 Test Matches and 225 ODIs in his career 16 year-long international career.
- He scored 5,248 Test runs at an average of 31.05. His 3783 ODI runs came with an average of 23.79.
- The Harayana Hurricane has 434 Test wickets, which he took at an average of 29.64. His ODI bowling figures read 253 wickets while averaging 27.45.
- Kapil Dev played 184 innings during his international cricket career and never got run out.
- During his 16 years of service for Indian cricket, Kapil Dev never missed a test match because of injury or fitness issues.