Aakash Chopra - Interesting Facts, Trivia, And Records
Aakash Chopra, who celebrates his birthday on 19th September, is a former Indian opening batter, currently working as an analyst and commentator. Chopra was known for his solid defensive technique who wore out fast bowlers and took the shine off the new ball.
Here are some interesting facts, trivia, and records about Aakash Chopra:
1) Aakash Chopra was born in Agra, Uttar Pradesh in 1977. He started playing cricket in Delhi's Sonnet Cricket Club.
2) The right-handed batter made his under-19 debut against Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka in 1997 along with Ajit Agarkar. In the same match, two Sri Lankan legends also made their under-19 debuts - Kumar Sangakarra and Rangana Herath.
3) Chopra made his first-class debut in the 1997-98 season and retired as a giant in the domestic circuit in 2015. He scored 10839 runs in 162 FC games, including 29 centuries and 53 fifties. In 65 List-A matches, Chopra made 2415 runs.
4) Aakash Chopra won three Ranji Trophy titles in his career, one with Delhi and two with Rajasthan. His first title with Rajasthan came when he played as a guest player and another in the 2010-11 season.
5) His first few domestic seasons impressed the selectors who picked him for the New Zealand series in 2003. In the second test, Chopra scored fifties in both innings. He, however, could only play ten games before selectors axed him for his poor returns.
6) Aakash Chopra's solid defensive technique and Virender Sehwag's freestyle complemented each other. Although the two opened in only 19 innings with each other, they averaged 47.21 together with four century stands and two fifty partnerships.
Also Read: India tour of England, 2021
7) Chopra always loved writing and even maintained a diary during his developing years. His passion for writing became a profession post-retirement when he not only contributed to several websites as an analyst but also wrote three books.
Win Big, Make Your Cricket Prediction Now