Sri Lanka vs Afghanistan, 2nd ODI – SL vs AFG Cricket Match Prediction, Where To Watch, Probable XI And Fantasy XI Tips
The first bilateral series between Afghanistan and Sri Lanka gets off to a strong start after the Afghan side registered their first-ever ODI win on Sri Lankan soil and now are up 1-0 and have gained significant Super League points.
Afghanistan stunned Sri Lanka on their home soil and registered their first-ever ODI match in Sri Lanka. Now the visitors will be keen to clinch a historic ODI series when they will be up against the Lankan team in the second match of the three-match series.
SL vs AFG 2nd ODI: Match Preview:
The first bilateral series between Afghanistan and Sri Lanka gets off to a strong start. They are up 1-0 and have gained significant Super League points.
Even though they didn't perform as well, they started out in the batting department with all guns blazing, high on intent, and making good use of a good batting surface.
Although Sri Lanka will be disappointed that they weren't able to finish this one off, the bowlers then took control.
In the first ODI, Afghan batters Ibrahim Zadran pulled out his A game and smacked a swashbuckling 106 in 120 balls, and his opening partner Gurban scored 53 runs in 55 balls which gave a tremendous start to the team.
Later Rahmat Shah hit 52 runs, Najibullah gor 42 in 25 deliveiries. Overall the Afghan team put 294/8 in the first inning.
Star Lankan all-rounder Hasaranga was the leading wicket-taker with 2/42. Rajitha, Lakshan, Lahiru, and Theekshana also scalped a one-one wicket each.
In the second inning, Pathum Nissanka started well and scored 85 runs in 83 balls including 10 fours at a strike rate of 102.41. Wanindu Hasaranga tried to put some show in the end after scoring 66 runs off 46 balls at a strike rate of 143.48 but was unable to get past a winning total.
Their batting collapsed very early which resulted in them another upset after the bad performance in the T20 World Cup 2022.
Afghan bowling revolved around pacer Fazalhaq Farooqi who registered a 4-wicket haul to his name in 9 overs. Gulbadin Naib clinched 3/40 in 8 overs.
Yamin Ahmadzai took 2/46 in 6 overs, and Rashid Khan also took one wicket and made a day special for their team.
SL vs AFG 2nd ODI: Match Details
- Date – Sunday, November 27, 2022
- Time – 02:30 PM IST
- Venue – Pallekele International Cricket Stadium, Pallekele
Match Prediction: Today's Match Prediction? SL vs AFG 2nd ODI
Home team Sri Lanka would start as favorites to win the 2nd ODI against visitors in Afghanistan.
SL vs AFG Head-to-Head:
- Total – 5
- Sri Lanka – 3
- Afghanistan – 2
SL vs AFG 2nd ODI: Where to Watch?
The ODI series between Sri Lanka and Afghanistan will be broadcasted on Sony Liv App.
SL vs AFG 2nd ODI Team News:
The same playing XI of both teams is likely to play in the second match.
SL vs AFG 2nd ODI Probable Playing XI:
- Sri Lanka – Pathum Nissanka, Kusal Mendis (wk), Dinesh Chandimal, Dhananjaya de Silva, Charith Asalanka, Dasun Shanaka (c), Wanindu Hasaranga, Dhananjaya Lakshan, Maheesh Theekshana, Lahiru Kumara, Kasun Rajitha
- Afghanistan – Rahmanullah Gurbaz (wk), Ibrahim Zadran, Hashmatullah Shahidi (c), Najibullah Zadran, Gulbadin Naib, Mohammad Nabi, Rahmat Shah, Rashid Khan, Fazalhaq Farooqi, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Yamin Ahmadzai
SL vs AFG 2nd ODI Fantasy XI:
- Wicket-keeper: Rahmanullah Gurbaz, Kusal Mendis
- Batsman: Ibrahim Zadran, Pathum Nissanka, Najibullah Zadran
- All-rounder: Wanindu Hasaranga, Gulbadin Naib
- Bowlers: Maheesh Theekshana, Kasun Rajitha, Fazalhaq Farooqi, Rashid Khan