Interesting Facts, Trivia About India's Future Batting Star Devdutt Padikkal
Devdutt Padikkal, who shares his birthday with MS Dhoni on 7th July, is one of the top upcoming stars in Indian cricket. The left-hander, who will turn 21 this year, has been subject to a lot of praises from the cricket fraternity for his batting talent.
Here are a few interesting facts about Devdutt Padikkal:
1) Padikkal was born in Edappal, Kerala, in 2000. The family moved to Bengaluru when he was 11 years old, where he began his cricket training at the Karnataka Institute of Cricket.
2) Devdutt Padikkal went to the same school where his idol Rahul Dravid studied - St Joseph’s Boys School.
3) Padikkal got his first breakthrough in 2017 when he played in Karnataka Premier League(KPL) for Bellary Tuskers. He won the emerging player award in that season.
4) Padikkal impressed everyone in his first full-fledged domestic season for Karnataka in 2019-20, where he amassed 1838 runs across all formats.
5) Padikkal was bought by Royal Challengers Bangalore(RCB) in IPL 2019 Auction, however, he only got to play his first game in IPL 2020, where he eventually won the emerging player award for his 473 runs in 15 matches.
6) Padikkal continued his fine run of form in Vijay Hazare Trophy 2021, where he scored 737 runs in seven innings. He scored four consecutive centuries and joined the elite list, which features Kumar Sangakkara and Alviro Petersen.
7) The left-handed opener holds a unique record of scoring fifties on List A, First Class, T20, and IPL debut.
8) Devdutt Padikkal follows football as well and is a Manchester United fan.
9) Padikkal has played 15 first-class matches in which he has scored 907 runs at an average of 34.88. In 20 List A matches, the 20-year-old has scored 1387 runs with the help of six centuries.
10) Padikkal has scored 668 runs in 21 IPL matches he has played for Virat Kohli-led Royal Challengers Bangalore franchise.
Win Big, Make Your Cricket Prediction Now