England vs South Africa, 2nd Test - Cricket Match Prediction, Fantasy XI Tips & Probable XI
After losing the first game, England will clash against South Africa in the 2nd test of 3-match test series at Manchester.
England will clash against South Africa in the 2nd test of 3-match test series at Manchester.
ENG vs SA: Match Details
- Date – Thursday, August 25, 2022
- Time – 03:30 PM IST
- Venue – Old Trafford, Manchester
ENG vs SA: Match Preview:
After losing the first game against South Africa, home side England will be hoping to make a comeback in the second test on August 25 at Old Trafford.
In the first test match at Lord’s, South Africa put breaks on England’s ‘Bazball’ sequence after winning the match by an inning and dismantling the home batting line-up for the second time in three days to go 1-0 up in the series.
In the first inning England came to bat first but was unable to stand long in front of current WTC table toppers South Africa. Only England batter to score runs was Ollie Pope, who scored 72 runs of 102 balls. Only four English batters were able to mark the score in two digits and in the end the home team went out for 165 in the first inning.
South African team came down to set the lead and were purposefully succeeded as with the consistent batting by all the Proteas batters, they scored 326 runs and took 161-runs lead.
In the second inning, England were against troubled by South African bowlers and at last they were bowled out for 149 which resulted Ben Stokes his first defeat as England's full-time Test captain.
For South Africa Nortje ripped the heart out of innings with a three-wicket salvo after lunch and finished with 6 scalps, while Rabada finished with match figures of 7 for 79.
Match Prediction: Who Will Win The Match? ENG vs SA
After winning the first game South Africa will be the favourites to win the second game against home team England.
ENG vs SA Head-to-Head:
- Total – 154
- England – 64
- South Africa – 35
- Draw – 55
ENG vs SA Team News:
- South Africa - Pacer Duanne Olivier has been ruled out of the test series due to a grade 2-right hip flexor muscle tear.
ENG vs SA Probable Playing XI:
- England - Alex Lees, Zak Crawley, Ollie Pope, Joe Root, Jonny Bairstow, Ben Stokes(c), Ben Foakes(w), Stuart Broad, Jack Leach, Ollie Robinson, James Anderson
- South Africa - Dean Elgar(c), Sarel Erwee, Keegan Petersen, Aiden Markram, Rassie van der Dussen, Kyle Verreynne(w), Marco Jansen, Keshav Maharaj, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje, Lungi Ngidi
Also Read: Scorecard
ENG vs SA Fantasy XI:
- Wicket-keeper – Jonny Bairstow, Ben Foakes
- Batters – Dean Elgar, Ollie Pope, Rassie van der Dussen
- All-rounders – Joe Root, Ben Stokes, Keshav Maharaj
- Bowlers – James Anderson, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje