Lahore, September 23 - Several leading West Indies cricketers have confirmed their participation in the first ever Pakistan Super League (PSL) scheduled to take place early next year, officials have said.

Advertisement

Dwayne Bravo, Kieron Pollard and Darren Sammy have all signed up for the event to be held in February, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) announced while unveiling its preliminary plans for the T20 tournament, reports CMC on Tuesday.

Advertisement

Kevin Pietersen, Shakib Al Hasan, Grant Elliott and Tim Bresnan have also confirmed their participation, the PCB has said.

The release of the PSL song also highlighted the unveiling ceremony which featured popular Pakistani singers and actors as well as TV and movie stars.

The first edition of PSL will feature five franchise-based teams from Lahore, Karachi, Peshawar, Quetta and Islamabad -- with prize money of $1 million.

The tournament, featuring 24 matches, is scheduled to run from February 4 to 24, one month before the World T20 in India.

Advertisement

The PCB has confirmed that it was in talks with the Emirates Cricket Board over the possibility of hosting the tournament in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), despite confirming earlier that Doha, Qatar would serve as a venue.

(IANS) 

About the Author

Saurabh Sharma
Saurabh Sharma is the Editorial Head of Cricketnmore Hindi and a passionate cricket journalist with over 14 years of experience in sports media. He began his journalism career with Navbharat Times, part of the Times of India Group, before moving to television media with Sadhna News. In 2014, he joined Cricketnmore and currently serves as the editor of the platform.
Known for his deep understanding of cricket statistics and unique storytelling approach, Saurabh specializes in cricket news, match analysis, records, and feature stories. Along with editorial responsibilities, he also works as a show producer for popular cricket video series such as Cricket Tales, Cricket Flashback, and Cricket Trivia. Read More
Latest Cricket News