Dhaka, March 10 (IANS) Bangladesh cricket star Rubel Hossain got good news along with his match-winning heroics on Monday at the World Cup as a Bangladeshi actress who filed a rape case against him said on Tuesday she was withdrawing the charges against the medium pacer.

Naznin Akter Happy, 19, made the rape allegation earlier this year after claiming that Rubel had reneged on a promise of marriage that he made while they were having an "intimate affair", reports Xinhua.

The allegation had threatened to scupper Rubel's chances of appearing in the World Cup after he was remanded in custody by a court in Dhaka.

But he was later granted bail until the end of the World Cup in view of "national interest" as he was a key member of Bangladesh's team.

Happy said she had decided to forgive her former boyfriend who starred in a dramatic victory over England to reach World Cup quarterfinals on Monday.

"I've forgiven him. I am not going to continue the case against him," Happy said on Tuesday.

Advertisement

About the Author

Saurabh Sharma
Saurabh Sharma is the Editorial Head of Cricketnmore Hindi and a passionate cricket journalist with over 14 years of experience in sports media. He began his journalism career with Navbharat Times, part of the Times of India Group, before moving to television media with Sadhna News. In 2014, he joined Cricketnmore and currently serves as the editor of the platform.
Known for his deep understanding of cricket statistics and unique storytelling approach, Saurabh specializes in cricket news, match analysis, records, and feature stories. Along with editorial responsibilities, he also works as a show producer for popular cricket video series such as Cricket Tales, Cricket Flashback, and Cricket Trivia. Read More
Latest Cricket News