Sydney, Jan 11 (IANS) All-rounder Mitchell Marsh has said his troublesome hamstring won't hold him back in his attempts to propel Australia to World Cup glory.
Sri Lanka tour of New Zealand, 2014/15

Marsh was selected in Australia's 15-man cricket World Cup squad Sunday despite suffering another hamstring setback last month during the Test series against India.

But Mitchell said the injury was minor and he's on track to play at the latter stages of the upcoming One-Day International (ODI) tri series against India and England.

"There's no mental demons for me. Over the last 12 months I've got my body to a point where I've gained a lot of confidence in it," Marsh was quoted as saying by cricket.com.au Sunday.

"And I've just gone hell for leather playing and training, and that's been great for me. This is a really minor injury. It's probably only a 10-day injury, but my hamstrings turn that into a three or four-week injury."

Australia's first World Cup match is against England Feb 14 at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.

Advertisement

About the Author

Saurabh Sharma
Saurabh Sharma is the Editorial Head of Cricketnmore Hindi and a passionate cricket journalist with over 14 years of experience in sports media. He began his journalism career with Navbharat Times, part of the Times of India Group, before moving to television media with Sadhna News. In 2014, he joined Cricketnmore and currently serves as the editor of the platform.
Known for his deep understanding of cricket statistics and unique storytelling approach, Saurabh specializes in cricket news, match analysis, records, and feature stories. Along with editorial responsibilities, he also works as a show producer for popular cricket video series such as Cricket Tales, Cricket Flashback, and Cricket Trivia. Read More
Latest Cricket News