Hobart, March 13 (IANS) Skipper Michael Clarke Friday dismissed fears over his fitness asserting he was all geared up as Australia take on Scotland on Saturday before entering the knockout stages of the cricket World Cup.

Clarke had a hamstring surgery late last year. He called for medical attention during his innings against Sri Lanka in Sydney last Sunday, prompting speculation over his fitness. 

"I have been 100 percent fine," the 33-year-old was quoted as saying by the Sydney Morning Herald.

Clarke, who has captained Australia in 40 one-day-internationals (ODIs), took to fielding drills at the Blundstone Arena during the day.

"Thursday's training was another opportunity to make sure I recover as well as I possibly can for not only this game but getting ready for the quarter-final," he said.

Clarke said his main priority for Saturday's day-night match against Scotland, besides winning, was that he, Shane Watson and James Faulkner get the opportunity to have decent batting stints to aid their preparation for next week's quarter-final.

Advertisement

About the Author

Saurabh Sharma
Saurabh Sharma is the Editorial Head of Cricketnmore Hindi and a passionate cricket journalist with over 14 years of experience in sports media. He began his journalism career with Navbharat Times, part of the Times of India Group, before moving to television media with Sadhna News. In 2014, he joined Cricketnmore and currently serves as the editor of the platform.
Known for his deep understanding of cricket statistics and unique storytelling approach, Saurabh specializes in cricket news, match analysis, records, and feature stories. Along with editorial responsibilities, he also works as a show producer for popular cricket video series such as Cricket Tales, Cricket Flashback, and Cricket Trivia. Read More
Latest Cricket News