New Delhi, March 20: Celebrity couple Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli on Friday urged people to stay indoors and follow all the guidelines issued by the authorities amid the growing number of positive coronavirus (Covid-19) cases in the country.

Advertisement

Anushka shared a video on her social media handles with the caption, "Stay home. Stay safe. Stay healthy."

Advertisement

Re-tweeting his wife's message, Kohli wrote, "The need of the hour is to absolutely respect and follow the government's directive. Stay home. Stay safe. Stay healthy."

"We know we all going through a very difficult time. And the only way to stop this coronavirus is by acting together," said the couple in the video.

"We are staying at our home for our safety and for everyone else's as well. And you should do it to prevent the spread of the virus. Lets make it safe for us and everyone else by self isolation," they added.

Earlier on Thursday, the Indian cricket team skipper had urged all the citizens to adhere to the safety norms put in place by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, saying "we need to be alert, attentive and aware in the wake of the novel coronavirus pandemic."

Advertisement

"Be alert, attentive and aware to combat the threat posed by COVID-19. We, as responsible citizens, need to adhere to the norms put in place for our safety as announced by our honourable Prime Minister Narendra Modi India fights corona," Kohli said in a tweet.

The 31-year-old also lauded the medical professionals in the country and around the globe for all the efforts being put to fight coronavirus.

"Also, special mention to all the medical professionals in the country and around the globe for all the efforts being put in to fight the coronavirus. Let's support them by taking care of ourselves and everybody around us by maintaining good personal hygiene," Kohli tweeted.

Advertisement

Modi has urged people to opt for a 'Janata Curfew' on Sunday from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.

In his address to the nation, the Prime Minister urged people above the age of 60 years not to venture outside their homes in the coming weeks. He also urged people to follow the instructions issued by the state governments.

In India, close to 200 confirmed cases of coronavirus have been reported till now and four lives have also been lost.

Advertisement

About the Author

Saurabh Sharma
Saurabh Sharma is the Editorial Head of Cricketnmore Hindi and a passionate cricket journalist with over 14 years of experience in sports media. He began his journalism career with Navbharat Times, part of the Times of India Group, before moving to television media with Sadhna News. In 2014, he joined Cricketnmore and currently serves as the editor of the platform.
Known for his deep understanding of cricket statistics and unique storytelling approach, Saurabh specializes in cricket news, match analysis, records, and feature stories. Along with editorial responsibilities, he also works as a show producer for popular cricket video series such as Cricket Tales, Cricket Flashback, and Cricket Trivia. Read More
Latest Cricket News