﻿{
    "id": "4576",
    "author": "13",
    "cnmid": "0",
    "title": "14 Windies players sign contracts but Darren Bravo opts out",
    "lang": "en",
    "series": "0",
    "cup_year": "2000",
    "article_type": "General",
    "excerpt": "The West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) has confirmed that left-handed batsman Darren Bravo",
    "subtype": "",
    "editor1": "<p><span style=\"font-family:arial\"><span style=\"font-size:14px\">St John&#39;s (Antigua), Nov 19 (IANS\/CMC) The West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) has confirmed that left-handed batsman Darren Bravo was the only player not to have signed the match\/tour contracts ahead of the team&#39;s tour of South Africa, as 14 players out of the 15-member squad agreed to sign on the dotted line.<\/span><\/span><\/p>\r\n\r\n<p><span style=\"font-family:arial\"><span style=\"font-size:14px\">The WICB said it received all but one of the signatures within their stipulated deadline Tuesday, reports CMC.<\/span><\/span><\/p>\r\n\r\n<p><span style=\"font-family:arial\"><span style=\"font-size:14px\">&ldquo;The WICB thanks the players for their timely and positive responses and looks forward to a successful tour of South Africa,&rdquo; the WICB said in a statement.<\/span><\/span><\/p>\r\n\r\n<p><span style=\"font-family:arial\"><span style=\"font-size:14px\">&quot;Darren Bravo wrote to Chairman of Selectors Clive Lloyd and requested not to be considered for the Test series due to personal reasons.&quot;<\/span><\/span><\/p>\r\n\r\n<p><span style=\"font-family:arial\"><span style=\"font-size:14px\">The 25-year-old, the younger brother of One-Day International (ODI) captain Dwayne Bravo, also didn&#39;t play in the Trinidad and Tobago Red Force&rsquo;s first round match of the WICB Professional League last weekend against Barbados Pride.<\/span><\/span><\/p>\r\n\r\n<p><span style=\"font-family:arial\"><span style=\"font-size:14px\">In fact, he was left out of the squad named for the first two rounds, with selectors claiming the player made himself unavailable since his return from the troubled tour of India.<\/span><\/span><\/p>\r\n\r\n<p><span style=\"font-family:arial\"><span style=\"font-size:14px\">Bravo was a member of the West Indies squad which took the controversial decision to quit the tour of India midway over a contract row with their union, West Indies Players Association (WIPA).<\/span><\/span><\/p>\r\n\r\n<p><span style=\"font-family:arial\"><span style=\"font-size:14px\">In recent years, Bravo has become a permanent fixture in the Windies top order and averages 43 from 32 Tests with 2,311 runs.<\/span><\/span><\/p>\r\n\r\n<p><span style=\"font-family:arial\"><span style=\"font-size:14px\">However, only last year, he also abruptly left the tour of New Zealand for &ldquo;personal reasons&rdquo;.<\/span><\/span><\/p>\r\n\r\n<p><span style=\"font-family:arial\"><span style=\"font-size:14px\">The board said it is looking forward to his return.<\/span><\/span><\/p>\r\n\r\n<p><span style=\"font-family:arial\"><span style=\"font-size:14px\">&ldquo;The WICB extends its best wishes to Bravo as he seeks to address his personal matters and looks forward to his return to the game.&rdquo;<\/span><\/span><\/p>\r\n\r\n<p><span style=\"font-family:arial\"><span style=\"font-size:14px\">A replacement players is expected to be named soon.<\/span><\/span><\/p>\r\n\r\n<p><span style=\"font-family:arial\"><span style=\"font-size:14px\">Meanwhile, the players move to sign match tour contracts is a major development, which will now see the three-Test tour of South Africa proceed as planned next month.<\/span><\/span><\/p>\r\n\r\n<p><span style=\"font-family:arial\"><span style=\"font-size:14px\">The contracts were at the centre of the controversial abandoned tour last month, with players contending that the new terms would have resulted in a significant reduction in their earnings.<\/span><\/span><\/p>\r\n\r\n<p><span style=\"font-family:arial\"><span style=\"font-size:14px\">Following a series of meetings between the WICB, WIPA and the players, it was decided that the contract would go to arbitration.<\/span><\/span><\/p>\r\n\r\n<p><span style=\"font-family:arial\"><span style=\"font-size:14px\">The West Indies will face South Africa in the first Test at SuperSport Park in Gauteng Dec 17.<\/span><\/span><\/p>\r\n\r\n<p><span style=\"font-family:arial\"><span style=\"font-size:14px\">--IANS\/CMC<\/span><\/span><\/p>\r\n",
    "image": "https:\/\/img.cricketnmore.com\/uploads\/2015\/02\/darren-bravo2.jpg",
    "alt_img": "darren bravo",
    "alt_title": "darren bravo",
    "image1": "",
    "video": "",
    "seo_title": "14 Windies players sign contracts but Darren Bravo opts out",
    "seo_desc": "The West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) has confirmed that left-handed batsman Darren Bravo",
    "seo_keywords": "Darren Bravo",
    "tag": "",
    "tagging": "",
    "status": "1",
    "img_rpt": "0",
    "google": "0",
    "standout": "0",
    "edapps": "0",
    "pulse": "0",
    "no_index": "0",
    "feed": "0",
    "fixture": "0",
    "slug": "14-windies-players-sign-contracts-but-darren-bravo-opts-out",
    "user_id": "0",
    "read_count": "0",
    "ians_date": "0000-00-00",
    "ians_time": "00:00:00",
    "server_time": "0000-00-00 00:00:00",
    "trash": "0",
    "view_count": "1000",
    "page_break": "0",
    "instant_articles": "0",
    "auto_link": "0",
    "created": "2015-02-08 01:13:00",
    "updated": "2015-02-08 01:13:00",
    "img_from": "",
    "img_source": "",
    "schedule_publish": "0000-00-00 00:00:00",
    "news_keywords": null,
    "livescore_text": null,
    "livescore_link": null,
    "btn_text": null,
    "resend_feed": "0",
    "google_feed": "0",
    "read_more": "0",
    "posted_by": "1",
    "jio_date": "2015-02-08 01:13:00",
    "scheduled": "0",
    "news_now": "1",
    "breaking_news": "0",
    "google_date": "2015-02-08 01:13:00",
    "featured": "0",
    "pred_match_id": null,
    "article_content_type": null,
    "england_cricket": "0",
    "link": "https:\/\/www.cricketnmore.com\/cricket-news\/14-windies-players-sign-contracts-but-darren-bravo-opts-out-4576"
}